Treat your overnight guests to a five-star hotel experience by turning your guest bathroom into a spa-like retreat.
1. Most importantly, make sure the entire room is squeaky clean. Treat yourself to a day off from cleaning; hire a professional cleaning service to do the dirty work.
2. Replace a worn or dated shower curtain and upgrade an old bathmat for a new, super-plush model.
3. Splurge on thick, 100 percent cotton bath towels, washcloths and hand towels. A great tip is to buy guest towels in a different color than your regular towels, so you’ll always have the “good” towels ready for overnight guests.
4. Brighten up the bath with a vase of fresh flowers and add a subtle aroma with scented soaps or potpourri.
5. Stock the bathroom with the little amenities that your guests may have forgotten to pack: shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, toothpaste, toothbrushes and razor. Even the most organized traveler will forget something, so having those items readily on-hand for your guests will save a trip to the store.